There are numerous NGOs in India, and there are numerous hearts willing to give and share. Fundraising for NGOs has not been an easy task so far by contemporary methods, but it can be an effective one with the help of online fundraising platforms for NGOs in India. Online fundraising platforms for NGOs help raise funds for numerous causes like charities, child care, elder care, child rights, women empowerment, education, poverty, animal welfare, environmental causes and much more. So, how do you go about using online fundraising platforms for NGOs and how to use fundraising platforms? Go through this blog to know more about it.
“We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we get.” – Winston Churchill
The Benefits Of Online Fundraising Platforms For NGOs in India
- Online fundraising is one of the most effective ways of raising funds because they enable the collection of funds globally.
- Online fundraising activities are the most cost-effective way of raising funds and will cost little to nothing to raise an online fundraising campaign.
- It is also easier to get donor details and data through online fundraising as it gets saved up in every campaign.
- There is rarely any trouble of fraudulent activities or miscalculation of the donations because each and every penny is shown to account for in a fundraising campaign.
- Since it’s an online fundraising platform for NGOs, there are numerous payment options available, and the donors can donate securely by making use of it.
- With online fundraising platforms for NGOs in India, it is easier to reach the targeted funds as all the donation details like cause and more are stored up in the campaign and checked for authenticity.
- Online fundraising is proven to be much more effective and time-efficient than traditional crowdfunding methods and has easily found a place in driving funds for NGOs.
How to raise funds using online fundraising platforms for NGOs in India
- Firstly, pick out reliable and reputed online fundraising platforms for NGOs in India that would work well for your cause.
- Create your fundraising campaign. It is easy to set up. You just need to feed in all the information like the cause of the NGO, target donation and bank details.
- Once you are done creating the campaign, you need to work on sharing it with your community to create awareness.
- The fundraising campaign will have a unique link. You can make use of the link and share it across platforms like social media and messaging apps.
- The donators can access the link and make donations at their convenience, and this will be reflected in the crowd funder’s account.
If you are a donor wanting to donate funds, then you can do so by :
- Look for a well-known and reputed crowdfunding platform and go through its website to check for authenticity.
- Click on browse fundraisers and look for the different causes that they support.
- Pick the causes that you would like to support and read up about them.
- Then go ahead and click on the donate now button to make a donation.
- It will direct you to payment options. You can pick any payment method that is convenient and safe for you and make a payment.
Why Fundraise with Crowdwave?
- Crowdwave ensures an extremely transparent and cost-effective platform for raising funds
- Crowdwave ensures a 100% secure payment and a safe payment gateway for those who are willing to donate funds.
- It is a holistic platform that has 0% hidden costs.
- Crowdfunding campaigns are easy to set up and run with the help of Crowdwave.
- Donators can make donations through multiple platforms and multiple payment methods.
- You can easily raise donations from anywhere in the world and receive funds globally.
- Crowdwave is a platform which helps raise funds for diverse causes.
- Donations that are made are eligible for tax exemptions.
Documents that you will be needing for online fundraising platforms for NGOs
- Registration certificate, trust deed, society deed, incorporation document for section 8 company (mandatory)
- Pan card (mandatory) and Adhar card
- Registration certificate under section 12 AA/ 80G from the income tax department
- Tax-exempt status and documents
- FCRA registration certificate and FCRA bank details (In order to raise funds for foreign donors)
A few of the best practices for Online Fundraising
- Make your fundraising platform and fundraising campaign simple and neat with a good user experience.
- Make sure that the campaigns that you run have all the information about the cause you are raising funds for.
- Set up your online fundraising platforms for NGOs in India in such a way that you generate recurring donations.
- Use email marketing and youtube marketing as vital marketing strategies to increase awareness about your cause and generate high funds.
- Make entities like monthly giving programs, corporate social responsibility and fundraising events a part of your online fundraising platforms for NGOs.
Crowdwave has raised nearly 1 crore INR for numerous NGOs and charitable organizations across the country. Crowdwave’s contributions to raising funds are numerous. Crowdwave has been one of the best and most reliable online fundraising platforms for NGOs in India. Numerous crowd funders in India have made use of Crowdwave and derived good funds for their cause.
The above would have given you an idea of how to use an online fundraising platform for NGOs in India. If you want a safe and active platform for raising funds, trust in Crowdwave, and the rest is assured. If you have any suggestions or queries, let us know in the comments below.