The Shine Trust is working to bring relief to families in the poor areas of Chennai that have been hard hit by the Covid-19 crisis. They are supplying food and essentials like rice, dal, spices, cooking oil, soaps, toiletries for 200 families in underprivileged areas.
It costs Rs.1000 to sponsor one family's basic needs for a month.
Total amount for 200 family: Rs.2,00,000.
Regular activities so far by the Shine Trust:
1) FOOD FOR POOR
2) EDUCATION FOR POOR CHILDREN: Conducting Free tuition for the poor children in the various places consisiting of 5 centre.We have given education services and distributed study materials including of Uniform,Text books & Notes for more than 500 children so far from May , 2013.Many of the children has passed their education and moved for further higher education with good results of their victory and for their future.
3) AWARENES PROGRAMME : Since our area of the service is mostly based on the slum area people ,we have compelled to educate the diciplene ,family life style,and culture activities among them. And the most of the men and their sources of income is from unskilled labour ,they are hapituated in drug addicts,tobacco,smoking and drinking hapits.Hence our Shine Trust is recovering those kind of people those who are captured and addicted in the bad hapits like above.Awareness programme includes HIV/AIDS also.And bring the small children to have the Polio drops every year whenever the Government announces the scheme.
4) SPORTS ACADEMY: We are giving and entertaining the poor children in the slum areas to have the sports talent and make them involved in the various games.And bring them to the Nehru stadium,Central,Chennai to watch various sports competition to deveop their enthusiasim in the sports activities.
5) CARING OF DOWNDRODDEN PEOPLE: We support the Poor Women,Widow and Physically and economically downdrodden people by giving of self help training activities to them and make them support and lead their life individually.
6) FREE DRESS MATERIALS: WE approach the friends and relatives and garments shop owners to get the dress materials by concession rate and distribute to the various poor families
ABOUT THE NGO
Shine Trust is Registered under the Trust Act as Charitable trust on 02.05.2013, by the Founder Mrs.S.Bhuvaneswari.
Mrs.S.Bhuvaneswari is screened and trained by various other social service organizations. She is involved in various social activities and is a very caring person for the downtrodden slum people.The trust focusses on the development of the families and eradication of poverty among the slum areas. With the help of her friends, family and well-wishers she has been able to help many slum dwellers by providing food and basic needs so far.
Shine Trust also works to provide classes to the women in the slum areas in tailoring, making them more independent and additional earners in the family.
Vision of the Organization: Providing Free Food, distributing clothes and providing Quality education & Rehabilitation for all poor people especially children in the slum areas.